Share a scripture that blessed you

Psalm 27:13
NKJV = “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”

NIV = “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”

What grabbed me about this scripture is the part which says “in the land of the living.” From this statement, it seems like David is making it a point that the purpose of our faith is for the here and now. To think that having faith is solely for taking us into heaven is a frightful place to be in because that is a faith that has no activity and is therefore dead.

The work of faith is critical for the believer. If our lives aren’t chalk full of testimonies exclaiming the goodness of God, then we will “lose heart” as David puts it. And the goodness of God is defined as “good things, collective, produce of the land to be eaten” so it is very much physical blessings as well as spiritual blessings that affect the state of our souls.

And this reminds me of 1 John 5:14-15 which says, “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”

I have made a list of petitions because I don’t want to be in a place where I don’t have simply because I haven’t asked. And I can feel confident that my faith is active because of the things I am asking for. It’s like giving your faith something to sink its teeth into.

And the final thing I wanted to mention is that right after verse 13, the scripture goes on to say “Wait on the Lord” which has a strong implication to hope. Because the definition of “wait” is “to look eagerly for, patiently, wait upon”. It’s as if, when I ask for something, through my confident expectation I see it in the distance and although it isn’t here yet, I know its coming. Much like the parable of the growing seed, first I see the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head (Mark 4:28).

6 Likes

I love your scripture. It explains why so many Christians lose heart in their walks: they stop believing that they’ll see the goodness of God in their lives here.

Here’s one that God gave for my daily scriptures, (Psalms 50:15) Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

3 Likes

Luke 1:37 - “For with God nothing will be impossible.”

2 Likes

Great scripture @BillS

Awesome, inspired words @chernandez!

1 Like

Hebrews 12:1, 2 “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

This scripture reminds me that Jesus is the greatest example to follow and encourages me to endure for the joy set before us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1 Peter 3:12 says “for the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” Yes, the scripture that Daniel shared in Hebrews reminds us that we are to fix our eyes on Jesus. This one promises that His eyes and ears are attentive to our requests and supplications for others.Jesus is seated in heaven and makes intercession for us. We can follow His example and do the same by praying for the lost in our extended families and through out our country and the world. We may not be able to reach out in person, but we can be active in prayer so when the time comes to bring in the harvest we will be ready to share the gospel and the hearts of the lost will be receptive.

2 Likes

I believe the Lord wants me to express this to all and remember. This Scripture:

HABEKKUK 3:2

LORD I HAVE HEARD OF YOUR FAME.
I STAND IN AWE OF YOUR DEEDS.
O LORD RENEW THEM IN OUR DAY, IN OUR TIME, MAKE THEM KNOWN,
IN WRATH REMEMBER MERCY…

This was so Powerful for right now !! I hope it touches you as well Brothers and Sisters…

1 Like

“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” (Philippians 1:9-11)

• Discernment = perception, understanding. (Helps) to perceive through sense, i.e. a resonating sense of inner discernment which “cuts through” hazy ethical (moral) matters to really “size things up”.

Paul is praying that our fondness and affection for the knowledge of God grow more and more. Along with this, that our love abound in the ability to exercise a spiritual perception that allows us to see through to the heart of a matter.

Most definitely, knowledge and discernment work hand in hand because you cannot have discernment if you do not have knowledge according to Hebrews 4:12. What I particularly find interesting is that there are two results when we our love for knowledge and discernment grows.

The first is that we can “approve the things that are excellent”. This is the ability to test the genuineness of something, whether it be good or evil, right or wrong and then to carry through to those things that are pleasing to God. This action of “putting to proof” can be applied to external things like choices we make in life and to the internal matters of the soul.

The second result is that “we may be sincere and without offense”. So after putting to proof those things that are of God and carrying through with those things, we can now walk away from a life where we stumbled and caused others to stumble. We also become sincere in our walk with God, being fully seen in the light of God’s rays (that is the definition of sincerity).

I hope this scripture blesses you as much as it does me. This will always be one of those prayers I make for the body of Christ.

2 Likes

What do you think it means, “being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ”?

@briansnider
What’s one of your favorite scriptures and why?

I looked up the word “by” and it is the Greek word for “dia” which means through, by the instrumentality of, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

When we receive righteousness, we are receiving the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness. “For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many” (Romans 5:15). Now if righteousness was made manifest because of the gift, being Jesus, then the fruits that come as a result of righteousness are on account of Him as well.

When looking at some of the major fruits of righteousness, the scriptures show Jesus actively involved and ever-present.

1. Authority -
  • “those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:17)

• “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.” (John 1:12)

1. Boldness -
  • (Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God) “let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

• "Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” (Acts 4:29)

1. Freedom -
  • “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.” (Galatians 5:1) talking about freedom from the righteousness of the law

• Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

I have a question about a particular scripture concerning righteousness and the involvement of the Spirit.

“For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.” (Galatians 5:5)

Are we to be eagerly waiting for the fruits of righteousness? Is that what our righteous expectation should be?
And how is it that we eagerly wait through the Spirit?

1 Like

You might consider the context of chapter 4. It talks about the two covenants, one of bondage and the other of freedom and promise. Since, as it says below that we are children of promise, then the expectation of righteousness would be to experience the fulfillment of the promise.

(Gal 4:28) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 “ Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications,prayers,intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for kings and for all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
In other words we are to be praying for all who are in authority, our president, president elect,governor, etc. Why? In order for us to spread the gospel we need godly government that allows it and not censors it. This is His will according to verse 4 which states that it is good and acceptable that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Godly government and those in authority allows us to live a quiet and peaceful life and not one of oppression,censorship, and loss of our freedom. CHURCH LET’S PRAY CORPORATELY!

“There is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.” (Hebrews 7:19)

I came across this scripture and I never saw hope and confessions of hope as a way to draw nearer to God. And in the book of Hebrews, there are many “better” things, our faith can lay hold of.

Better = stronger, more excellent. (Word Studies) kreíttōn (the comparative form of 2904 krátos, “dominion”) – what is better because more fully developed, i.e. in reaching the needed dominion (mastery, dominance); “better” after exerting the power needed to “plant down God’s flag of victory.”

1. A Better Hope

“There is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.” (Hebrews 7:19)

1. A Better Covenant

“By so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant,” (Hebrews 7:22)

1. A Better Ministry with Better Promises

“But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also a Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.” (Hebrews 8:6)

1. A Better Sacrifice

“The heavenly things themselves purified with better sacrifices than these” (Hebrews 9:23)

1. A Better Possession

“You have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.” (Hebrews 10:34)

1. A Better Country

“They desire a better, that is, a heavenly country.” (Hebrews 11:16)

1. A Better Resurrection

“that they might obtain a better resurrection” (Hebrews 11:35)

2 Likes