An Answer to Resolve

I was thinking about Jesus’ resolve when He was taken to the wilderness. He had an answer every time Satan tempted Him. Then I remembered how He spoke to the pharisees and sadducees. He always had an answer. also, it became clear to me that His answer wasn’t to get rid of people so He didn’t have to really deal with anything. He gave an answer He believed in and faced every trial and situation head on.

SO! This year, to be more like Jesus, I’m going to set myself to have an answer. I don’t care about the question, test, trial, temptation, or whatever. I’ve decided that I’m gonna have an answer that I believe in to face all. My challenge to you SWORDS is: do you have a scripture, or word from God, or even some old motto that’s kept you afloat all these years? Do you have an answer?

If you do, and it’s PG-13, feel free to post it and maybe help give resolve to others! If you haven’t discovered your resolve, and you’re feeling bold, post “I will.” For everyone else, the time is now- get one. Find your resolve, people!

3 Likes

I had to come up with one way back in 1983, when I nearly lost my life to a serious illness. My resolve back then was “Just as you have never quit on me Lord, I will NEVER quit on You!” In that year of fighting the ‘GOOD FIGHT’ of faith, I came to realize that it is EQUALLY important not to give up on Christ as He not giving up on us. He needs for our testimony, our faith in Him, and our example as Believers to be a guiding light to others in their time of trouble, hardship and in the battles. I’ve set myself to be a 'Testimony for the Lord… and not a statistic of the enemy!" I owe it to my Lord to overcoming in all things!

2 Likes

Proverbs 4:5-6 is what I will resolve. I will trust in the Lord with all my
heart and not lean on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him, and He will make my paths straight. I must come before the Lord before I make any decisions and listen to His voice and obey what He is saying.His ways are higher than my own ways!

3 Likes

There’s an old motto that I took from a movie called 42. The movie was about Jackie Robinson, the first black baseball player, and how he had to overcome all of the racial injustices to play in the major leagues.

There’s a really great line that was repeated in the movie every time he was in a tough situation and had to keep persevering. He said, “God built me to last.”

What I like about it so much is that I can use it in almost any situation I come across. If it’s healing, temptation, or trials, God will never leave me nor forsake me and He has equipped me with everything to overcome.

2 Likes

My answer to my resolve is Numbers 23:19, “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”

God has not failed me in anything. One thing I’ve come to learn is that my faith will never run out. Because believing is up to me. It is not based on what I feel, nor what I see. I believe because I choose to believe, and nothing convinces me of what to believe but His word; because His word never fails.